EFA Names 2019 Design Champions
The editors of Environments for Aging are excited to announce the 2019 winners of the magazine’s Design Champions awards program.
Design Champions is designed to celebrate the individual contributions of professionals working within the senior living design industry who are fighting to effect meaningful change in the lives of residents, staff, and the greater community. Winners are specifically recognized for contributions within the past two years.
The 2019 Design Champions are:
- Vassar Byrd, CEO, Rose Villa Senior Living (Portland, Ore.)
- Matthew Smith, associate, SmithGroup (San Francisco)
- Gene Guszkowski, CEO, AG Architecture (Wauwatosa, Wis.)
- Harry Hobson, president and CEO, Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay (Sarasota, Fla.)
- Rose Saenz, development director, Pi Architects (Austin, Texas)
Individual profiles of the winners will be published in the Summer 2019 issue of EFA and online. The group will also be recognized during the magazine’s annual awards luncheon taking place at the 2020 Environments for Aging Expo & Conference in Louisville, Ky.